If you have a teething pup, naturally, teething bones for puppies are going to be one of the first things you look for. Teething is a tough process for any baby - human or canine - and it's important to do everything you can to make it as comfortable as possible for your furry friend.
That's why we've put together this list of products for puppies who are teething. Keep reading for more information!
When does puppy teething usually occur?
When a dog's baby teeth start to fall out and its permanent teeth start to grow behind them, this is known as puppy teething. It's a normal, healthy process that's vital to the growth and development of your puppy. As their adult teeth emerge, if you're lucky, your dog will pass through teething with only a few signs. However, many dogs go through a lot of discomfort when they are teething, which is why chewing is important.
When the adult teeth begin to erupt through the gumline during the puppy teething process, it frequently results in aching gums. To help ease the pain of teething, your puppy may start to look at just about anything they can sink their teeth into.
Chewing on something hard can help reduce teething discomfort in puppies by giving their gums something to massage against. This can also help them take their minds off the pain they're experiencing.
Puppy Teething Symptoms
Teething symptoms are simple to recognize. If your puppy is teething, you may notice:
- Excessive drooling
- Chew marks on furniture or other objects
- Gum redness and swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Crying or whimpering
- Sleeping problems
If you notice any of these teething symptoms in your puppy, don't fret! There are plenty of things you can do to help ease their teething discomfort.
Things To Keep In Mind About Puppy Teething Toys
When choosing teething toys for your puppy, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind.
- Give your dog toys that don't resemble items they're not allowed to chew on:You don't want your puppy to get confused and start chewing on your furniture instead of their toy.
- Choose durable toys:Puppies are tough on their toys and you don't want to have to keep buying new ones every week.
- Get a variety of textures:Different textures will feel good on your puppy's gums at different stages of teething.
- Choose the right size:Make sure the toy is small enough for your puppy to carry around and chew on, but not so small that they could choke on it.
- Never buy them rawhide:Rawhide is a common teething chew for puppies, butit's not the safest option. It can splinter and get stuck in your puppy's throat or digestive tract. Stick to safer options like teething bones or teething rings.
The Best Teething Toys For Teething Pups
Choosing the best bone for your dog to chew on during teething can be tough, but we've made it easy for you. Here are our top picks for teething toys:
The Best Options For Aggressive Chewers
- Bully Sticks:Bully sticks are a type of teething chew made from dried beef tendon. They're a popular choice for teething puppies because they're durable and have a satisfying chew texture.
- Nylabones:Nylabones are another popular teething toy for puppies. They're made from durable nylon, so they can stand up to some serious chewing. They come in various shapes and sizes, so you can find one perfect for your puppy.
The Best Teething Bones For Puppies
- Antler Chews:Antler chews are a great teething bone for puppies. They're all-natural and made from the antlers of deer, elk, and moose. They're a great source of calcium and other minerals, and they help keep your puppy's teeth clean.
- Raw Beef Bones:These bones are packed with nutrients that are good for your puppy's health. They're also a great way to keep your puppy's teeth clean. Just make sure you get them from a reputable source.
The Best Teething and Teeth Cleaning Treats
- Dental Chews:Dental chews are teething toys specifically designed to help clean your puppy's teeth. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they're usually made from rubber or nylon.
- Dental Bones: Dental bones are another great option for teething puppies. They're made from durable rubber or nylon, and they help clean your puppy's teeth as they chew.
Want the best teething bone for puppies? Try BetterBone!
BetterBone's all-natural teething bones for puppies are the best on the market! Our products are made from two sustainable, 100% natural components and are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and non-splintering.
Our teething bones are perfect for oral hygiene and come in a variety of sizes and flavors. Visit our website to learn more and get the best teething bone for your puppy today!